FCKeditor and Django
This article shows how Django integrates with FCKEditor. The example shows how to pass data from editor on to the server.
Projects used in this demo
This demonstration comprises of quite few projects, both server and client side:
- jQuery Form Plugin A plugin that upgrades HTML forms to use AJAX.
- FCKeditor Popular WYSIWYG editor with good configuration.
- jQuery FCKeditor Plugin A plugin for easy integration of FCKeditor with Form Plugin.
- django-fckconnector FCKeditor connector to a Django application.
- ElementTree Light-weight toolkit for XML processing in Python.
- Django FileBrowser A file handling xtension to the Django Admin-Interface.
Following test suite demonstrates submission of text data to the server. The same data is returned to populate designated elemenents.
Conventional Submission (iframe)
AJAX Submission (div)
Both ways are possible, conventional submission is backward compatible.